Monday, January 16, 2012

Opportunity Knocked

Well, after lots of prayer, conversations, and consideration, Jonah decided that he would not like to participate in the high school musical, after all.  I am proud of him for seriously considering the option, and I'm proud of the decision-making process he went through.

Being in the musical meant that he would be required to attend one class every day at school, and he would not be able to work at his occasional job or visit his grandparents, and he isn't willing to give up his freedom quite so quickly.  I think we all realized that school attendance just would not fit into our lifestyle. We are too spur-of-the-moment, flexible, fly-by-the-seat-of-our-pants kind of people! But I wanted it to be his decision, and it was.  He did what he wanted to do.

Doing great with coupons: tonight at CVS I spent about $34 on about $92 worth of products.  I am adding to my stockpiles!  Here's what I got:

  • (3) Axe Deodorants
  • (3) Glade Spray Scents (normally $11.99 each)
  • (4) Tubes Crest 3D White Toothpaste
  • (4) 12-pks Coke 
  • (2) Valentine's Day Hershey Kisses 8 oz. 
  • (2) 9.5-oz Triscuits
  • (2) 10-oz Wheat Thins
  • (2) 6-oz Ritz Cheddar Crackerfulls
  • (1) $10 CVS Gift Card
Since I have more time on my hands, I've been concentrating on using coupons wisely to stock up on things when they are on sale. Now, I just have to figure out a cheaper way to collect the coupons that I need. I've been buying 7 newspapers every week, but there has to be a better way.

Tomorrow night is basketball practice (my friend Angie and I are coaching a 2nd and 3rd grade team), and then Silas is going to Boy Scouts for the first time.  He doesn't know it yet...it's better that way.  He doesn't think Boy Scouts will be as fun as Cadets!


No comments:

Post a Comment