Monday, June 20, 2011



Yesterday I started the online Weight Watchers program with my friend, Ellie.  I'm not really sure how it's going to go.  Ellie says to me, "Oh come on....it'll be easy!"  Well, trust me, controlling what I eat has NEVER been easy for me, and in the last year and a half I've gained 41 pounds. Now, part of that weight gain is due to medication, but it's still hard to realize just how much I've gained.  At this moment, I weigh as much as I did when I gave birth to my first child, almost 19 years ago. So, the time has now come to do something about my weight. And maybe my family will benefit from me at least trying to make better food choices...

According to the Weight Watchers program, I'm allowed to have a total of 31 points per day, plus an extra 48 per week.  The online program makes it so easy to keep track of points.  Each food is assigned a certain number of points; you enter what you eat, and they do the rest!  That part is easy!

So far today, I'm doing okay.  I have 9 points left and just a few hours before I go to bed.  I'm thinking that I'm gonna spend those last points on a chocolate ice cream cone!

So with all that said, drum roll, please......here is this week's menu...short a couple days because we're going out of town later this week.

Monday:  Chicken Fajitas with Spanish Rice
Tuesday: Stuffed Green Peppers, Tossed Salad, Watermelon
Wednesday: Grilled Ribs, Oven Roasted Potatoes, Fresh Green Beans, Tossed Salad
Saturday: Honey Mustard Chicken, Spinach, Fresh Fruit
Sunday: Eat Out!


You can find more menus at orgjunkie.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment